We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesdays With Dorie: Baking With Julia-Whole Wheat Bread

It has been awhile since I have posted. I have been very busy with gardening clean up which I will detail in another post.

This post is about my adventures making whole wheat bread. The hosts for this month's recipe are:

Michele of Veggie Num Nums and Teresa of The Family That Bakes Together. So visit their sites if you are interested in the recipe.

This bread was very easy to make. I used molasses instead of malt extract and the bread turned out great. I took some other liberties too. One loaf was made according to the recipe, and  the other loaf chopped walnuts and raisins were added. Both loaves came out nicely and make excellent toast. I also think the recipe could be used to for  whole wheat rolls.

This was a no fuss recipe. See my results below.




4 comments:

  1. I like the ideas folks have had for additions to this bread. It holds up very well. It's a very versatile recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading everyone's posts is making me very hungry for a slice of toast!
    Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the addition of nuts and fruit. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete