We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Sunday, August 19, 2012

More Fall Planting

Just finished pulling the determinate tomato plants and planting in its place, swiss chard and radicchio. This is the first time for radicchio, and we will see how it goes.

The cucumbers that I replanted several weeks ago are doing fabulously. They are producing little Diva cucumbers. I decided to plant them in a large pot. I ended up with wilt from the first planting and pulled them all up. So I am glad that round two is doing well.

4 comments:

  1. good luck on growing radicchio - i haven't been able to grow them for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you want to know anything about growing radicchio. It has been working for me pretty well and I have tried many varieties. My family and friends of ours also have done it all my life so its engrained in me! Good luck. Water, water, water. You don't want to let your seeds dry out so they need light misting several times a day until established :)

    ReplyDelete