We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Thursday, May 3, 2012

Tomatoes and Eggplant Are In




Today was pretty hot, but it has cooled down this evening where it is now pleasant. I was able to get the tomatoes and eggplant in. We will have only 7 tomato plants because that is more than enough for us. Hopefully the eggplant will do well. Over the years they have been challenging. Tomorrow I will plant my basil transplants and possibly beans. I do everything in stages for some reason.



 Cabbage and peas and onions are coming along nicely. Practically all the radishes have been harvested. Even the carrots are looking good ( first year for them).


The lettuce is ready to be cut and thinned. I will do that this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Your salad looks awesome and such huge leafs on cabbage! Mine are just starting to take in size. And I also planted tomatoes as well today but they are "runts" so not sure if they'll do well. I have a back up ready anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny--our weather has been just warm enough and rainy enough for cold crops. My lettuce is so healthy and I have not had a single problem with it: no pests. The cabbages look like they are on steroids and I have not done anything to them except spray neem oil on them today. I asm starting to see areas where it looks like cabbage caterpillar have been munching but every time I look under the leaves, I don't see any pests. We will see if the neem takes care of this. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete