We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Friday, May 4, 2012

My Adventure in Lowes

I went into Lowes to find cotton netting for my trellis. I did not want to make it this year and I swore that I had seen this netting at Lowes. What should have been a 10 minutes purchase, turned into an adventure. The first person I asked went online to find it--nope. Believe me he really searched with many search terms. The next person directed me to the outdoor garden center--nope not there. However, I ran into a true gardener who worked there who also tried to help and said--I bet you want this for your cucumbers. I told him--yep and I thought wow he must be a mind reader. He then said why don't you look around the lumber area and they might have a make shift trellis. Good idea because I told him I did not want to spend $20 on the lovely trellis they had in the garden center. Well the nice sales person in lumber  tried to help and what they had really was not exactly what I was after. I thought dang. I did so much walking in there, I swear I got  my exercise for the day.

I then went back to the garden department and there it was. I could take a tomato tower apart and make it into a flat trellis. Perfect and the price was right. I then went to pay for this and the line in the garden center was super long and there was only one person at the cash register. So I went inside and then  ran smack into my trellis netting that I was looking for. I probably had been wandering around for 45 minutes and at times I was distracted by other items in the store. They do have interesting things. I was intrigued by the metal pint and gallon paint cans. I could do something creative with these cans.OK back on topic--- Let me just say that I purchased 2 Burpee cotton net packs. They are 5 feet by 15 Feet. I knew they had them--somewhere. I also purchased the tomato tower and got the heck out of there, since I had gotten in my work out..

Actually if I didn't like hardware type stores and just exploring those, I probably would have left promptly.

No comments:

Post a Comment