We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Friday, May 18, 2012

Harvest For Friday

The garden is still all about the various lettuces.I harvested about 11.25 oz which we will have with tonight's supper. I picked a small head of romaine for the first time and plan to mix it in with the other leaf lettuces. For several weeks we have not had to purchase lettuce at the store and I anticipate that we will have another few weeks of harvest left. I did plant leaf lettuce a few weeks ago in a spot that gets just enough sun and we will see how that works out. Ultimately it may just get to be too hot for it.

Last night I had a wonderful salad at a restaurant that was so very simple. Thick sliced of very ripe tomatoes with a reduction of balsamic  vinegar and blue cheese crumbles on top, along with a chiffonade of basil. I can hardly wait for our tomatoes to ripen, because that will definitely be the go to salad at our house.

2 comments:

  1. I love this time of year when lettuce is productive and we don't have to buy lettuce at the store. Yours looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete