We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cabbage And Coleslaw For Freezing


In an earlier  post I asked what I could do with all the cabbage that seems to be growing beyond my expectations. Akannie at http://dragonwomansmysticalmeals.blogspot.com/   replied that her ex MIL had a recipe with vinegar that could be frozen. So I decided to search the net and found this one. I had never heard of freezing coleslaw, but if we end up with more cabbage than we  can handle, this recipe will be considered. Has anyone else used a frozen coleslaw recipe and what did you think? Did you like it or not? Would you make it again etc? 






Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,191,159191-243204,00.html
Content Copyright © 2012 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
1 med. cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, grated
1 green pepper, chopped
1 tsp. salt

Mix salt and cabbage and let set in bowl for 1 hour. Squeeze out excess moisture. Add carrots and pepper and let stand while you make the dressing.

DRESSING:

1 c. vinegar
1 tbsp. mustard seed
2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. celery seed

Combine and boil for 1 minute. Cool and pour over slaw. This can be frozen and refrozen until all slaw has been eaten

No comments:

Post a Comment