We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Friday, April 20, 2012

Today Is Earth Day And My Day Off

First, I hope all have a great Earth Day today. The other exciting news is that I have the day off today. Yippee. What a joy. I am listening to last week's podcast of the Splendid Table (NPR), which is another one of my joys. I love my podcasts.

The plan for the rest of the day is to of course to do some gardening. Looking out the window at the garden  from the second floor of our home it appears that we will have lettuce very soon. Perhaps this weekend. I hope to get over to Natorp's Garden Center since they have Pine Fines Soil Conditioner on sale. I like to add it into the raised beds.

 My eggplant and basil seedlings were transplanted into larger containers and according to the 25 day weather map, it looks like I will be able to plant them 2 weeks earlier than usual: perhaps May 1 or so. I stopped at Gear's yesterday to see what they had in stock specific to unique tomato plants. The owner said that next Thursday is the day to come in. You have to get their earlier because their tomato plants go fast. They carry unique plants.

Finally, if I am lucky, I can get a pedicure if they have an opening. Well it is sandal weather--have a great day all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment