We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Saturday, April 14, 2012

Onion Sets Go In Today

Today is the day for the onion sets to go in. It is supposed to rain early this afternoon, so I want to get them in this morning after I run my errands.

I re-seeded the carrots last week and I still do not see any germination occurring. I will give it another couple of weeks and if there is zero germination, I will try one more time. I am a tad frustrated with the carrot situation. The cabbages are looking great, along with the peas. I will take pictures later and post.

2 comments:

  1. Carrots can take forever to get going! They will probably all germinate at once and you will have to do a ton of thinning!

    I've been making seed mats for a couple of years now and they have been working well. I uncovered mine a week or so ago and now have them covered with a shade cloth. I wish they would get some real leaves so I can uncover them. That reminds me that I have more to sow this weekend!

    Happy Gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Robin. Next time I am trying seed mats for carrots. I have just out in the garden and I still don't see anything from the carrots.

    ReplyDelete