We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter





Have a blessed Easter, and this time of year I also enjoy making a cookie that seems appropriate for the Easter season. I found the recipe for Biscotti al Mais or Cornmeal Cookies at Diary for a Tomato blog. We had instant corneal for polenta in the cupboard and thought I would give it a try in the recipe instead of the corn flour it called for. They turned out great. I left out the ground cloves and cut the cinnamon back to 1 teaspoon. These are adult cookies: not super sweet. I am still getting used to my Canon Rebel DSL, but having fun in the process. Plus, I just bought another lens: telephoto.














5 comments:

  1. Your cookies look yummy! Happy Easter too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad these turned out for you, love the duck shapes! You're right, these are adult cookies. How did the texture turn out using polenta? The original recipe says they use polenta reground in a spice mill for a finer flour; I'm imagining a food processor would work just as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out just fine using polenta flour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also these cookies are great if you add a dab of jam on them--delicious. I love SaraBeth's Rhubarb Strawberry jam.

    ReplyDelete