We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Friday, February 24, 2012

Baking with Julia March Recipe- Rugelach

I just finished rolling out the rugelach dough and it was one nasty challenge. Julia Child's recipe for at least the dough part did not beat out the Martha Stewart recipe that I typically use. Well the little gems are in the refrigerator for the next few hours to harden up. Believe you me, they need it. If I would have put them directly in the oven we would have had flatten rugelach: they would have spread all over the baking pan.

Also here is Dorie Greenspan's interview on NPR   about  rugelach and baking the gems-click here

2 comments:

  1. I referenced the MS recipe & it does sound good; anything with a difficult crust to manage is not my choice. Perhaps I will just try them both & compare- can always share with my friends & fam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev--the MS recipe has more flour and the dough holds together better and yet still has that wonderfully creamy taste.

    ReplyDelete